Motherly—a lifestyle parenting brand redefining motherhood on behalf of a new generation of mothers—is looking for a Front-End Developer.
The only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale, Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 30M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
About the Role
Motherly is currently seeking a qualified Front-End Developer to join the Audience Development Team on a contractor basis. The candidate will be responsible for the front-end development and maintenance of the Motherly website, along with supporting our eCommerce initiatives and helping the wider team plan and implement new features. This is a cross-functional position where the candidate will work with other disciplines within Motherly to help scale our technologies.
This is a role designed for someone who is willing to work in a team of passionate and creative people who love coming up with new ideas to improve our platforms and delivery. You will work closely with the Digital Product Manager and the Director of Audience Development to take Motherly's technologies to the next level.
The front-end developer will:
- Help build new features for the Motherly website
- Implement creative elements provided by the design team
- Assist with quality assurance
- Support cross-platform integrations
- Work with the back-end team to implement new features
- Enjoy learning new technologies and take on different assignments
- Be proactive with their work
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, general web functions and standards
- A good understanding of Analytics and be able to pull specific data requests
- Experience with responsive designs
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience developing for high volume traffic sites
The Front-End Developer position is a contractor position with a remote, flexible co-working schedule. We're a new media company for a new generation of mothers. Join us.
You may apply below or here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.