Motherly is a community-driven lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. The only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale–Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 20M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
The Graphic Design Intern will help to support the lead Designer in creation and production of designs for Motherly. In addition, they will also be supporting Motherly's content library. We're looking for someone who is passionate about visually telling a story, while staying true to the brand's aesthetic and best practices.
- For College Credit Only
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
- Must have one of the Adobe Creative programs on personal computer
- Currently studying design, marketing, advertising, art, photography, and/or social media
- A desire to grow and learn in a very fast-paced startup
- Good-eye for design, creative, and curious
- Communicative, self-motivated, and a team-player
- Good time-management skills, communicative, and collaborative
- 100% remote, work-from-home internship
- 12-15 hours a week, hours may vary by week. If the intern needs a set amount of hours we can plan along with their school work and schedule to define what works best for both.
- For College Credit Only
- East Coast, EST, applicants preferred
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Learning and utilizing the Motherly Brand Guidelines
- Effectively and beautifully creating and producing designs for Motherly
- Using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
- Incorporate your creativity into designs, while maintaining the integrity and upholding the aesthetic, brand and style of Motherly
- Sourcing image content
- Support the lead Designer in tasks that may be needed on any given day, including but not limited to: creation and production of designs for multiple social media platforms (like Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook), event signage, ROS ads/web banners, email newsletters, reports, iconography, illustrations, UX/UI design tasks and more!
- Being organized will be one of the keys to being successful in this role.
- Experience in art and design
- Previous internship experience
- Experience in Canva
- Experience in Premiere - or any other animation experience.
- UX/UI Design knowledge
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your skills in design and understand the 360 view of a Designer role, while also being involved in a growing fast-paced startup. To apply, please email a copy of your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable).
You may apply below or here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.