Motherly is a lifestyle parenting brand redefining motherhood, writing a new narrative that's powerful and feminine as well as informed and inspiring. Motherly exists to change the world on behalf of Millennial moms, bringing modern women expert ideas and inspiration for the marathon of motherhood.
If you're ready to join the movement focused on reframing the narrative around motherhood —one that refuses to fuel fear, guilt or the mommy wars—then you're in the right place.
Motherly reaches and influences Millennial moms at scale–With 30M+ unique multi-platform views each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
About the Role
Motherly is looking for a go-getter Business Development Manager to take Motherly to market and be a consultative partner to the regions' leading brands. You will identify client opportunities for Motherly and close meaningful partnerships. We are looking for someone with a strong background in closing high-volume sales, specifically new accounts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Generate new leads of potential Brand partners and consistently develop a robust pipeline by establishing relationships with Brand contacts + digital media networks and ad agencies
- Grow existing accounts through building deep a understanding of a brand's goals and consultative relationships with clients via content partnerships and media sales
- Collaborate with Motherly Studios to respond to RFP's in a timely manner and position Motherly as a leading media/marketing solution for reaching the next generation of mamas
- Hit and beat sales goals and weekly activity by consistently developing/refining sales strategies and be a driving force on the Motherly team
- Provide direction and input to Motherly's sales marketing team on packaging and seasonal offerings
Motherly's Business Development Manager / Sales Executive will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in achieving sales goals and managing advertising sales opportunities from prospect to signing
- Strategic, B2B sales experience calling on Directors, VP's of Marketing and CMOs / decision makers
- Successful experience solution selling, creating large, targeted and customized advertising proposals for large customers and agencies
- The ability to think creatively and independently + a passion for selling in a fast-paced environment
- An outgoing and self-motivated personality with the desire for autonomy and ownership in your role
- A strong background in digital media and/or advertising/agency
- A minimum of 5-10 years sales experience in a direct sales role
- Current agency/marketing contacts
- Microsoft Office, Google, Salesforce/Sales Operations systems and internet proficiency a must
- A Bachelor's degree
Benefits: Salary plus commission; equity, benefits (medical and dental), 401k, parental leave, unlimited personal time off, and work from home.
You may apply below or here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.