Motherly—a lifestyle parenting brand redefining motherhood on behalf of a new generation of mothers—is looking for a Commerce/SHOP Editor.
This editor will introduce our audience to a whole new way to experience Motherly: as *the* trusted, stylish and shoppable authority on products for parents. In this role, you will bring a startup mentality to commerce coverage at Motherly, producing content at scale, iterating quickly, managing a growing team, and delivering results. The ideal candidate will have a mix of analytical and editorial skills, particularly with affiliate conversions and SEO strategy. They should be motivated to scale affiliate operation, as this position may be structured with commission incentives.
The Commerce/SHOP Editor will:
- Lead newly-formed commerce team at Motherly, reporting to COO
- Drive roadmap to profitably scale revenue through affiliate programs
- Assign, edit and write content with growing team of freelancers
- Develop content distribution strategy, with a heavy focus on SEO and email newsletter
- Coordinate with audience development + product manager to optimize page UX + distribution strategy for conversions
- Lead brand outreach, coordinating with sales team when applicable
- Manage affiliate relationships to maximize revenue
- Test (and keep!) amazing products
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years writing product reviews and covering trending products
- Proven experience growing affiliate revenue for publishers
- Experience using paid spend to maximize ROI a plus
- A vision to develop Motherly into the destination for Millennial mamas to discover life-changing products
The Motherly Commerce/Shop Editor position is a full time position with commission incentives and a remote, flexible co-working schedule.
The only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale, Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 30M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
We're a new media company for a new generation of mothers. Join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.