Motherly is a community-driven lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. The only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale–Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 20M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
About Motherly Studios
Motherly Studios—our in-house agency—brings custom marketing solutions to life across all Motherly touch-points. By leveraging state-of-the-art insights, digital tools and creative passion, we're guiding brands to build long-term relationships with our community of Millennial moms.
This position will contribute to the growing work of Motherly Studios and the Digital and Growth teams, as a highly cross-functional role. We are looking for an experienced user-experience (UX) and graphic designer who is able to understand business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, to ensure an experience user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. Preference will be given to those candidates who also possess a graphic design / art direction portfolio and can develop beautiful creative for Motherly and it's clients.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions across to improve usability and conversion across the Motherly experience
- Design custom graphic design experiences for Motherly clients branded content campaigns
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive, mobile-first user experiences.
- Facilitate and drive user-testing experiences for digital products, taking a user-centered design approach with rapid test and iteration.
- Design and deliver user stories and journeys optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members and stakeholders with an ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas among the Studios team and before clients, showcasing knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
- Analyze and iterate on overall Motherly site design language to develop a playbook of what works and doesn't to meet core KPIs for the site and key Studios clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 years of UX design experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments as well as those who possess a graphic design portfolio.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision etc.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing etc.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
The Studios UX & Graphic Designer position is a full-time position with a flexible co-working & remote schedule.
You may apply below or here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.