Motherly is a community-driven lifestyle brand redefining motherhood. The only positive, encouraging parenting site reaching and influencing Millennial moms at scale–Motherly connects with her when she is looking for and absorbing more information, products and services than during any other life transition. With 20M+ multi-platform unique audience viewers each month, the brand supports mamas through their entire parenthood journey, delivering women-centric content that addresses her whole lifestyle through thousands of articles, images, videos and classes.
Motherly is looking for a creative, nimble, journalism-minded producer to help make the new season of The Motherly Podcast, which is returning for season 3, a continued standout for listeners in the parenting space. For strong consideration, candidates will need to have prior relevant podcast experience, the ability to address creative feedback both internally and from clients, as well as a desire to work on a contract basis.
The Motherly Podcast Producer will execute all technical aspects of podcast creation, including booking recordings, engineering and editing episodes. They will also be responsible for research, script writing, producing and uploading for distribution, as well as working closely with the show's host and Motherly co-founder, Liz Tenety. We're looking for someone who is passionate about telling a story, while understanding the needs of both our audience and our sponsorship partners.
- Currently entrenched in the podcast landscape having worked on an established series
- A desire to grow and learn in a very fast-paced startup
- Strong sense of storytelling, conversational arc
- Communicative, self-motivated, and a team-player
- Good time-management skills, ability to hit deadlines
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Brainstorming and booking guests
- Scheduling studios
- Booking field producers (tape syncers)
- Writing scripts
- Researching guests
- Writing interview questions
- Writing/editing ad copy
- Working with in-studio engineers on set up
- Producing VO sessions
- Sending out raw tape for transcription
- Editing tape and interview transcripts
- Reaching out to essayist contributors, gathering tape, editing
- Mixing all the sound elements and scoring, and working with sound engineer on final product
- Drafting episode titles and descriptions
- Uploading completed episodes for distribution
- Working with Motherly social media team on promotion
- Liaising with talent publicists to secure image rights, social assets
- Learning and utilizing the Motherly Brand Guidelines
The Motherly Podcast S3 Producer Role is a full-time, contractor position with a remote, flexible co-working schedule. We're a new media company for a new generation of mothers. Join us.
The podcast is slated to run 10-12 episodes, and we're looking for a commitment to the full season. Timing for launch is flexible, however we're looking to begin production imminently. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.