Memoirs and novels to give you a sneak peek into other parents’ lives.
7. When you need to escape your own work dilemmas + family crises for another mamas ?
Sleepless Nights by Sarah Bilston
8. When you need to take a peek into other new mother’s interesting + complicated lives ?
Little Earthquakes By Jennifer Weiner
5. When you desperately need to LOL ?
Not Ready For Mom Jeans By Maureen Lipinski
Whether you’re trying for baby, just starting your pregnancy journey, or are in the changing-a-million-diapers-severely-sleep-deprived-puddle-of-mush-every-time-the-baby-smiles stage we’ve got the book for you. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll most definitely nod your head ‘yes’ many, many times.
9. When you want to get sucked into a compelling + entertaining page-turner ?
Babyville By Jane Green
12. When you want to fly off to France + learn how they get their babies to sleep through the night at 3 months ??
Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting By Pamela Druckerman
6. When you’re trapped on the couch + need to dive into an adventure ?
Bed Rest By Sarah Bilston
3. When you need to be reminded that sometimes the best things in life aren’t planned. ?
Rattled!: A Memoir by Christine Coppa
2. When you’re feeling vulernable + want to read a book that feels like you’re chatting with a friend. ?
Baby Love: Choosing Motherhood After a Lifetime of Ambivalence by Rebecca Walker
1. When you can’t process + need to make sense of your own experience of new motherhood. ?
A Life’s Work: On Becoming a Mother by Rachel Cusk
16. When you need to feel supported + also want to learn a thing or two about parenting (sleeping, separation + attachment, feeding, your new identity as a mother)?
A Mother’s Circle: An Intimate Dialogue on Becoming a Mother By Jean Kunhardt, Lisa Spiegel, Sandra Kunhardt Basile
11. When you need to read a cheeky take on the pressures of motherhood ?
Bad Mother: A Chronicle of Maternal Crimes, Minor Calamities, and Occasional Moments of Grace By Ayelet Waldman
14. When you want to read a brave + honest take on new parenthood through a father’s eyes ?
Crawling: A Father’s First Year By Elisha Cooper
15. When you want your stomach to hurt because you’re laughing so loud + so hard throughout the.whole.book ?
Dad is Fat By Jim Gaffigan
13. When you can’t put into words all the funny moments that new parenthood brings, turn to Paul Reiser because he does it perfectly in Babyhood ?
Babyhood By Paul Reiser
4. When you simply need to read a witty story about someone who is in for a huge reality check ?
Something Blue by Emily Giffin
10. When you’re looking for a brutally honest must-read for new mothers who are trying to rediscover who they are❓
After Birth By Elisa Albert