Welcome to your Birth Class! I'm so excited to start this class with you today!
In this lesson I'll cover anatomy and give you a brief overview of what happens in birth (we'll get into more detail soon).
It's pretty amazing to think about all that goes into giving birth, and how amazing it is that our bodies can do this! If you find out that your baby is breech or transverse, be sure to check out the included article with expert ideas on how to get him to safely flip.
Lesson 1: How your body in labor + the birth process works
Additional reading for this lesson—
- 8 things you need to understand about your menstrual cycle
- The 10 questions you've got to ask on your hospital tour
- You've got this mama—15 inspiring quotes on giving birth
- 5 ways to flip a breech or transverse baby
Read our book!
The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama is the pregnancy book women have been asking for. Inspired by our community and written by Diana Spalding (our midwife, who teaches this birth class), this book will guide you through every aspect of this journey with warmth and love.
The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama
You can order The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama at your favorite retailer:
Your birth class lessons—
Lesson 2: What happens when labor begins?
Lesson 5: How to handle interventions with ease
Lesson 7: How to rock your postpartum
Pregnancy + birth podcast:
- These viral illustrations of pregnancy + birth are hilariously wrong ... ›
- 8 surprising things first-time mamas should know about giving birth ... ›
- hospitals are banning partners from births during COVID-19: - Motherly ›
- How to overcome—and heal—from a traumatic birth - Motherly ›
- What doulas want you to know about giving birth - Motherly ›
- Believe it, baby: All birth is beautiful - Motherly ›
- Groundbreaking fertility procedure helps cancer survivor give birth ... ›