A premium class from Motherly to empower women during birth + beyond.
Now that you've got what happens during labor, I'm going to spend an entire lesson teaching you how to cope—and it includes everything from breathing to medications, so you can learn about it all, and choose the options that feel best for YOU.
You'll also find the link to the first of 3 relaxation MP3s.
Choose which one(s) you like best, and then be sure to practice these often (4-7 times/week) so that when the big day arrives, you are familiar with it, and can access that relaxed state of mind as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
Lesson 4: Your coping skills for labor + delivery
Example coping skills in real labor + delivery—
Additional reading for this lesson—
- Why more mamas are working with doulas
- Music for a peaceful, powerful labor + delivery—a Spotify list
- What dad can do: 10 ways to support your partner during labor
- 9 simple strategies for a calm + peaceful birth
- 5 steps to creating an awesome birth mantra
Meditations for relaxation/meditation before + during birth
Read our book!
The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama is the pregnancy book women have been asking for. Inspired by our community and written by Diana Spalding (our midwife, who teaches this birth class), this book will guide you through every aspect of this journey with warmth and love.
The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama
You can order The Motherly Guide to Becoming Mama at your favorite retailer:
Your birth class lessons—
Lesson 2: What happens when labor begins?
Lesson 5: How to handle interventions with ease
Lesson 7: How to rock your postpartum
Pregnancy + birth podcast:
- How long does labor last? Longer than you might think, says new ... ›
- Working out during pregnancy can cut your labor down significantly ... ›
- The invisible labor of motherhood is real—and it's burning us out ... ›
- Early signs of labor to know about - Motherly ›
- 9 simple strategies for a calm labor + peaceful birth - Motherly ›