Let's get one thing straight, OK? When it comes to Halloween costumes, pop culture Halloween costumes are the #1 crowd-pleaser. And since most of us have watched a massive amount of television and movies this year, what better way to celebrate Halloween than by having our kids embody our favorite fictional characters from the big screen (and silver screen, respectively)?
Halloween is around the corner, but if you are like me you are still trying to figure out what to dress your family (especially the little ones), so here are some cute ideas inspired by famous TV and movie characters (and other pop culture legends). There's something for everyone—from cartoon lovers to ideas for the entire family!
Here are some adorable pop culture Halloween costumes for your family:
1. The Ted Lasso Crew
View this post on Instagram
2. Simone Biles (Yes, she counts as a TV character this year)
3. Pete the Cat
4. A member of the 'Space Jam' Tune Squad
5. The one, the only, SELENA
6. Cruella, from Disney's 'Cruella'
7. Joe Exotic + Carole Baskin from 'Tiger King'
8. Hopper from 'Stranger Things'
9. Captain America
10. A dragon from 'Game of Thrones'
11. BB8 from 'Star Wars'
12. The monsters from 'Monsters Inc'
13. A handmaid from 'The Handmaids Tale'
14. Kermit from 'The Muppets'
15. Elliott from 'E.T.'
16. The three good fairies from 'Cinderella'
17. Arthur from 'Arthur'
18. Max from 'Stranger Things'
19. Joanna Gaines from 'Fixer Upper'
20. Cher from 'Clueless'
21. Big Bird and Cookie Monster from 'Sesame Street'
22. Chase and Skye from 'Paw Patrol'
23. Harry Potter from 'Harry Potter'
24. The dudes from 'Wayne's World'
25. Little red riding hood and the big bad wolf
26. Cousin It and Wednesday from the Addams Family
27. An Ewok from 'Star Wars'
28. An entire Toy Story family
A version of this story was originally published on Oct. 15, 2019. It has been updated.