Don't let this postpartum must-have force you into a style rut.
There is no doubt that stretch pants (aka leggings) are a go-to post-baby favorite. You're sore and want to be comfortable; you are dealing with limited time; and you're likely not back to pre-pregnancy weight (normal!). Maternity clothing can be off-putting once baby has arrived, and you're probably hesitant to spend a lot of money on clothes. We don't blame you, your body is still in flux. Naturally, leggings become the default. But leggings can also force us into a style uniform rut. Not to worry, there are simple techniques to elevate this postpartum must-have so you can feel fashionable while also remaining functional and comfortable through the transitional months ahead. Here are three key strategies to consider.
1. In the appropriate season, be sure to consider heavier fabrics. Leather, suede or velvet, which is very on trend right now, are all equally as comfortable but considerably more stylish. Here are a few options:
- H&M Imitation Leather Leggings, $19.99. Buy here.
- Zara Velvet Leggings, $12.99. Buy here.
- Aritzia Vegan Suede Leggings, $90. Buy here.
2. Lose the zip-up sweatshirts and t-shirts. Instead, pair your leggings with fashion items like blazers or dresses to keep the comfort factor on point, while elevating the total look. Here are a few to choose from:
- Madewell Buffalo Check Dress, $69.99. Buy here.
- Laveer Kadette Blazer, $525. Buy here.
- Mango Shift Dress, $79.99. Buy here.
3. Mix it up with joggers. Just like leggings, joggers offer a silhouette that's casual and comfortable. But they have that “je ne sais quoi" that, with the right accessories, can add a chic athleisure vibe to your look. Plus, joggers are super trend-right. Here are a few to consider:
- J.Crew Saturday Pant, $69.50. Buy here.
- Pam & Gela Track Pants, $245. Buy here.
- Gap Zip Pocket Joggers, $49.95. Buy here.
Shop the post: