Neighborhood: Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Occupation: Co-founder and Editor-in-chief, Dressfortheweather.com
Baby’s Sex: Boy
How would you describe your pregnant style?
Similar to my regular style, but super-sized! Seriously, though, I try and maintain a cool, downtown edge while staying comfortable. I go for streamlined, minimalist clothing and add on standout accessories like a great bag, pair of shoes or interesting jewelry.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during this pregnancy?
This is my second pregnancy, so I had some practice the first time around. I personally feel more comfortable in looser silhouettes when I’m expecting. All summer, I basically lived in Otte New York’s signature Ellen dress (I have three of them in different colors). They’re great because you can easily wear them after baby. I’d say my biggest style challenge is not being able to wear all the things I wish I could: high-waist jeans and trousers, or, pretty much anything with a waistline!
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
Round ligament pain! This time, I experienced intense “growing pains” early on. Luckily, they have died down for the most part. Also, while this pregnancy has been similar to my first, everything has been a little crappier: I’m more tired, more moody, and have a few more aches and pains, which I attribute to being older and having an almost-four-year-old to chase after.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Far and away, I am most excited to introduce the baby to his big brother.
What’s your top 5 registry essentials?
1. 4MOMS Mamaroo plush bouncer (my son lived in it),
2. BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance (easy to move from room to room. I would stick my son in it on the bathroom floor so I could take a quick shower),
3. UPPAbaby Vista stroller (I love the huge undercarriage for groceries and baby gear),
4. Aden & Anais Bibs and Burp cloths (for the tons of newborn spit-up),
5. Baby Carrier either BabyBjorn or Ergo Baby 360 (now that I have an older kid and we’re always on the go, I feel like the baby will just get strapped on to my chest and be toted around a lot)
Jamie is wearing:
1. Zara Checked slip dress,
2. Madewell Whisper cotton crewneck muscle tank,
3. Acne Studios Mape leather jacket (similar here),
4. Acne Studios Jensen suede boots in forest green (similar here in black),
5. Proenza Schouler PS11 classic,
6. Jennifer Fisher Pulse ring (no long available)
7. Miansai Gold plated flat cuff (similar here),
8. Larsson & Jennings Lugano suede and gold-plated watch,
9. Catbird Tomboy silver first knuckle ring,
10. Alexis Bittar Liquid gold thin collar, shopbop.com
Shop the post: