5 stories everyone in your mom group is talking about this week.
Mamas! It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day. Now that you have little ones to care for, the celebration may be quieter, but we still hope a little luck comes your way -- whether it’s in the form of a free stroller, a seat on the subway or a new collection that you’ve been (not so) patiently waiting for. If you want to know where your lucky charm is, here are 5 stories to check out.
1. Solly Baby released its new Spring/Summer 2017 collection, and we are so excited! Inspired by nature, the new colors and patterns are all a breath of fresh air; and they are sure to calm and relax you as you wear baby -- whether it’s around the house or en route to the ocean. Mmmm, the ocean.
2. Mom jeans are in trend, and Topshop just released a new pair that will most definitely turn heads. Priced at $95, the jeans are the talk of the town because they feature one noticeable, possibly weird detail: clear plastic kneecap covers. So now, you can either show off your beautiful kneecaps or make them sweat… Either way, why not? #YOLO!
3. Miscarriages are common. Yet, we still don’t talk about them, and many women are forced to mourn in silence and alone. Here is a series of powerful illustrations to help families who have suffered a loss go through the grieving process and to let them know that they are not alone.
4. Who doesn’t like a good game of hide and seek, especially if it grants you a free stroller? To celebrate their new stroller Gregory (blue marl) Cruz, UPPAbaby hid 5 golden tickets in boxes sold at specialty stores nationwide. Buy the Cruz, find the ticket, and you’ll get a full refund! What can we say except, you’re welcome? Find out more, here.
5. New Yorker Yvonne Lin went through her entire first pregnancy without a single man offering her a subway seat. So when she got pregnant again, she created a trophy for the first man who would be courteous enough to do so. It took eight months (!), but she finally got to reward a man with her unique “#1 decent guy” statuette. Give it up for the decent dudes out there (and her patience)!