Looking to spruce up your space? Here's all the inspiration you need, mama.
I just moved into a new house and let me tell you: Putting a home together—particularly when you have kids—is not easy. And let's not forget that we're in the midst of pandemic, so I've chosen not to do any in-person shopping.
That means I'm turning to social media for the inspiration I'd normally find in the aisles of a store. And like so many mamas out there, I'm quickly realizing how quickly the expenses add up, so I'm doing whatever I can to avoid purchasing new items.
Luckily, Pinterest isn't the only social media platform that's delivering home decoration inspo and hacks right now: TikTok is also a treasure trove of home decoration ideas. There are so many fun DIY ideas out there, so if you're looking to spruce up your home decor, you don't have to look far.
Here are home decor ideas from TikTok:
1. Make your toilet paper look pretty
Yes, you read that right. This simple tip helps you style your roll of toilet paper, which brings an unexpectedly elegant touch to any bathroom.
2. Declutter your laundry room
If you're tired of seeing bottles of cleaning supplies everywhere (same), give this easy hack a try: It perks your space up visually and all you have to do is transfer detergent into a decorative beverage dispenser.
Try this hack with dish soap and even body wash to declutter your shower.
3. Upgrade your doors
If you love the beautiful look of paneled doors, don't think you need to replace yours. Just follow this money-saving DIY video to upgrade your existing doors.
4. Bling your vase
If you have a simple vase lying around, make it look ultra glam with this incredible trick.
5. Make farmhouse light fixtures
If you love the trendy look of farmhouse lighting, spruce up your existing fixtures with this simple trick.
6. Ditch the tissue box
Display your tissues in serious style with this sleek alternative.
7. Build hexagon shelves
This trendy decor piece can be yours on the cheap if you make your own shelves.
8. Arrange flowers like a pro
No need to splurge on a pricey floral arrangement, mama. Pick out your own roses and give this DIY hack a try.
9. Make your work from home space look cool
You're likely spending lots of time at your home desk right now, so why not make it over with peel and stick wallpaper?
10. Give old containers a face lift
You don't need to buy logo-free containers for all your personal care products. Instead, opt for sustainability and repaint and repurpose them yourself.
11. Make your own marble table
You know those popular marble tables you see all over Instagram? They can be yours for less thanks to this DIY project.
12. Add open shelving
If you have extra wall space and are looking for quick and easy styling with major impact, add open shelves. Decorate them with plants, book and small vases.
- Ceiling wallpaper is *the* new home decor trend—here's how to ›
- What is maximalism? Designers explain what to know about this trend ›
- Best Spring DIY Home Decor Ideas—and How to Create Them ... ›
- This viral TikTok has every single mom feeling ~seen~ - Motherly ›
- Top Home Decor Trends For 2021 ›
- These laundry room ideas will inspire you to freshen up your space ›
- Affordable Home Decor Items That Will Freshen Up Your Home ›
- 8 cost-effective ways to get a high-end home look ›
- HomeGoods Launches Online Store ›