Breakfast or brunch, as we all know, is the most important meal of the day. Not only does it provide us with the right fuel and nutrients we need for sustained energy levels throughout the day, it also helps with better metabolism, digestion and our overall mental and physical well-being.
For the perfect start to your pregnant day, we’ve created a delicious, simple and healthy scrambled eggs dish with three green and three red vegetables. On the red side, you’ll find Spanish onion, capsicum and mini Roma tomatoes, while our greens include spinach, zucchini and basil leaves. All you need is a chopping board, sharp knife, bowl, whisk, frying pan, and wooden spoon, and you will be able to serve up an amazing brunch that will be enjoyed by all your guests...and you!
This recipe is for 4 people, however you can halve or double the amount if you require less or more portions.
- 5 x organic eggs
- 1 x red Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 x red capsicum, finely chopped
- 100 x grams mini Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 100 x grams spinach leaves, washed
- 2 x zucchinis, finely chopped
- 4 x fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 x cup milk
- 1/4 cup x olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and add onion, capsicum and zucchini. Lower to medium heat and sauté for 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk eggs with milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Add spinach and tomatoes to fry pan and sauté for another minute.
- Add egg mixture, salt, pepper and basil leaves and cook on low heat for 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked light and fluffy (stirring constantly and gently with wooden spoon).
- Cut in quarters and serve.