Name: Jessica Tiare Bowen
Occupation: Founder of UsedYorkCity.com
Baby’s Sex: We're going to be surprised!
How would you describe your pregnant style?
Minimalist chic! I invested in a few key pieces that could get me through my changing body during the seasons, all of which have been on heavy rotation. My basic uniform is either a simple sheath dress, or skinny maternity jeans paired with my hubby's sweaters and tees, and a pop of red lipstick, always (which I swear will follow me to the delivery room...it's kinda my power piece!). And comfy shoes are key for all the NYC walking!
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during pregnancy?
Before my bump actually started to show, I constantly felt like I had a bloated belly full of tacos! Not quite ready for full-on maternity wear, but definitely not fitting into my pre-maternity wardrobe. I was much more comfortable when I just sucked it up, packed up my former clothes, and bought a handful of maternity dresses.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
The interactions the bump inspires with complete strangers! Honestly, I thought having a dog in the city was a solid conversation starter--ha! Try being pregnant! It's amusing to me the conversations the bump will start, whether standing in line at Whole Foods or just walking down the street...typically going something along the lines of, "Congrats, Mama! It's a boy, right?" New Yorkers are the sweetest.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
As a former theater teacher and total lover of all things theatrical, I can't wait to experience Broadway Baby classes with my little one! They start as early as 4 months, and judging from how much s/he likes music in the womb, I think it's going to be a huge hit!
What are your 5 registry essentials?
- Snuggle Nest. The perfect small and portable solution for co-sleeping in the early months.
- Zippered Onesies With Feet. Easy breezy to put on and off, and keeps winter babies nice and warm!
- Ergo Organic Baby Carrier. For getting around the city and also being hands-free around the apartment to get things done but still sharing baby cuddles!
- A Cute Backpack. A wonderful alternative to the traditional diaper bag, and makes commuting around NYC so much simpler.
- A Selection of Your Favorite Children's Books. Cause you can never start reading to your baby too early!
Jessica is wearing:
SHOP JESSICA’S PREGNANCY & BABY STYLE