Name: Sarah Robinson
Neighborhood: West Village
Occupation: Founder, CEO Preconceive
Baby’s Sex: Boy
How would you describe your pregnant style?
Size Large! For the most part, I have just bought larger sizes than I would normally wear. I like to wear skinny jeans, my husband's old button down with flats, or shift dresses three sizes larger than my normal size. I wish I could do the bohemian, 70's thing, but it's just not me.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during this pregnancy?
Ha! YES! I used to be a straight line, and now I'm a curve. I have no idea what to do with all this extra volume. What used to look good just looks silly now. And I never knew how much I loved a belt until I could not wear one.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
I thought I would feel like a grownup, and I am totally winging it here.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
The greatest city in the world, NYC!!!
What’s your top 5 registry essentials?
At Preconceive we do all of our prenatal and parenting classes at GIGGLE stores, so I completely relied on them to help design my registry. Jessica at the Lexington Avenue location was my secret weapon.
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair, so chic.
- Dwell Studio Mid-Century crib and the dresser.
- Breast Pump, I will be checking in with our Preconceive Lactation Consultant on that front to see what her favorites are.
- Owlet baby monitor, this company is genius-it's a bootie that monitors your baby's vitals and connects to your phone.
- A Preconceive Newborn Care Consult, once the baby is born! It's like Hair Club for Men-I'm not just the President, I'm also a client. I can't wait to have one of our Newborn Care specialists come over and show me the ropes!
Sarah is wearing:
Dress is goat via net-a-porter, which has been a lifesaver for pregnancy. They have a service where you can have your order hand delivered in the same day, try stuff on in the comfort of your own home, and they will come back and pick up what doesn't fit or exchange sizes for you. So much better than waiting for a fitting room! (Get her dress here!)