Name: Krysta Lin
Neighborhood: Long Beach, California
Occupation: Owner & Founder of YIPKids.com, Fashion Designer & Creative Consultant
Baby’s Gender: Male
How would you describe your pregnant style?
Throw on and go. Most of my clothes are not maternity, just longer or larger sizes of what I normally wear. I loved the Emerson Fry Wrap Pants during my first two trimesters and my Ace & Jig Onesies .
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during pregnancy?
This is my second pregnancy, and I feel like he is sitting further forward, so my belly is like a torpedo! Recently, I had to break down and buy some maternity tanks that would fully cover my belly in the third trimester.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
I thought this pregnancy was going to be like my first, and it was not. I cannot get comfortable to sleep at night since he is constantly moving. I gained most of my weight in the beginning of this pregnancy, so I was looking for clothes to fit into early on. I think your body just knows what it's doing the second time around. Also, this pregnancy went by in the blink of an eye!
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Watching his older sister meet him for the first time and becoming a family of four.
What’s your 5 registry essentials?
Since this is our second, I have pretty much everything we need. The essential items that I used with my daughter were:
1. Flip Diapers - I tried several brands of cloth diapers and this one was hands down the best. Grew with my daughter through potty training. Never leaked. Also, it closes with snaps not velcro. Velcro is the worst as it attracts everything in the wash.
2. Maya Wrap - Oh, how I love my Maya Wrap! I took my daughter everywhere in this thing. It was the guaranteed way to get her to relax and nap. It takes some practice learning to use a ring sling but after you know, it is the easiest way to carry your child. No buckles and straps or wrapping fabric around and around your body.
3. Ikea Baby Gym - The most compact and easy baby toy. All the others seemed to take up massive amounts of room and had too many things hanging from them. Our house is small so this was a great size and easy to move to any room.
4. Aquaphor - I use this every day to this day! I don't know how I survived without it before children. It's great for everyone!
5. Beaba Baby Food Cooker - It is easy to use and still functional after you have finished the puree stage of baby feeding. You can use it for making squeeze food pouches for your toddler and small batches of sauce for dinners.
Krysta is wearing:
Alexander Wang Pocket Tank Dress (similar one here )
Kinzie is wearing: