Name: Margeaux Gertmenian
Baby’s Gender: Girl
How would you describe your pregnant style?
My lifestyle has changed dramatically since my first pregnancy. I was working full-time for a clothing company while pregnant with my son and now he is my full-time job, so I am far more active than I ever dreamed I could be this time around! Most days we are at the park or taking art or acrobatics classes, so at any given time I could literally be rolling on the floor or covered in paint! My style now is much more grab-and-go with an emphasis on comfort. I’ve invested in some great maternity basics that I can change up with non-maternity seasonal tops and accessories from my closet so that no matter what I throw on in the morning I don’t feel like I’m wearing a uniform.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during pregnancy?
I was surprised at how early I was showing with this pregnancy so it did feel like a bit of a shock when I couldn’t fit into my regular jeans at 8 weeks! It was lots of stretchy pants and loose sweaters until I felt comfortable sharing my pregnancy with the general public.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
My son’s reaction to and subsequent understanding that he is becoming a big brother. From day one he has been nothing but overjoyed that mommy has a baby hatching from her belly. He tells baby that she is his best friend and even makes sure she is “listening” when we read his favorite stories. His capacity to love at such a young age is magical and I cannot wait for them to meet each other!
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
We’ve done so much exploring since we’ve moved to Brooklyn, the possibilities are virtually endless. But I’m most excited to share the fun summertime stuff like ferry rides, beach adventures, sprinklers, food trucks and ice cream! Also, girls clothes!!!
What’s your 5 registry essentials?
- Ergo 360 baby carrier. My son always wanted to be carried so this was a lifesaver! I used it up until my second pregnancy.
- Comotomo baby bottles. I nursed my son and these were the only bottles he didn’t refuse. They have a slow flow and are made from super soft silicone.
- Motherlove nipple cream. Soothing for mama and 100% organic and ingestible for baby. The first ingredient is extra virgin olive oil!
- Hanna Andersson snap-front rompers. Great for those early few weeks and months when you are scared to pull things over your little ones wobbly head.
- 7 A.M. Enfant Pookie Poncho. Can be used as a cover for your carrier, car seat or stroller. I’ve used this since my son was an infant and he still fits in it at 2 1/2!
Margeaux is wearing:
This post was brought to you by Hanna Andersson. Check out Hanna Andersson’s brand new maternity collection and organic pima layette then treat yourself to 25% off both collections using the code BUMPENVY until April 10, 2016.
Original photography by Lori Berkowitz.
Shot on location at Burson & Reynolds.