Well Rounded's Weekly Links are here.
September is right around the corner, and we're thinking about fresh starts. With fresh gear. For our babies. This week's links have some of the coolest new product releases out out in the market, from light and safe gear (get your name on the preorder list now!) to stylish new diapers. Plus, the IVF story that everyone's talking about in Well Rounded's weekly links.
1. We're eyeing a new set of wheels for fall, and it's not a car OR a stroller. Veer is debuting The Cruiser, a crossover between a premium stroller and a fun wagon. The Cruiser is designed to accommodate growing families and provide a safe and fun ride for up to two passengers (including one that rides in a car seat!), all while weighing less than most double strollers. Plus it's pretty much the coolest thing we've ever laid eyes on. It ships in September, so preorder one here.
2. Dutch baby-gear designer Nuna announced the PIPA lite, the lightest car seat available in the U.S. Following the typical Nuna style - smart, simple, and beautiful - while also being tough, protective, and incredibly lightweight thanks to the resilient aeroflex design.
3. Is there really anything cuter than a smiling baby? We really don’t think so. That is why we are loving Smilo’s brand new line of products that help pacify and feed your baby’s...you guessed it, smile. The direct-to-consumer line includes a pacifier that helps palate development and a bottle that makes feeding easier. Did we mention it looks cool? Now we're smiling too.
4. Why not finish out the summer season with a fabulous collab! The Honest company and The Great have teamed up to bring you the fashion-forward diaper everyone is talking about. These whimsical and adventurous prints are promised to keep baby comfortable while also being the talk of the play pen. Check out the adorable design and listen to mom-friend Jessica Alba talk more about it here.
5. Garance Dore’s shares a very personal story of a life altering realization and her struggles during IVF treatment. We were already pretty obsessed with this fashion icon, but this piece has won over our hearts, with a deep dive into the pressures some women feel to reach a traditional “happy ending.” Find out how she managed to achieve her own happier ending.
Julia McRae is a rising senior at Loyola University Maryland and WRNY’s new intern. While she is not a mom-to-be just yet, she is a passionate lifestyle writer and travel blogger.