6 perfect panty styles to stock your new mom underwear drawer.
Pregnancy and birth will blow your mind, but they might also blow your ladyparts. We don’t want to get too deep into it here (Leakage! Swelling! Hemorrhoids!), but let’s just say you might find it hard to ever go back to those slinky pre-mama underthings. That doesn’t mean you’re destined for a life of wearing those mesh briefs that were tucked into your “postpartum care” bag at the hospital. Au contraire! Here’s 6 really awesome postpartum underwear styles to stock your new mom panty drawer.
- Dear Kate Briefs. With its Underlux technology, Dear Kate will keep you safe from the sneeze pee that inevitably follows pregnancy. They’re also cute, comfy and dare we say, sexy? Wear these and Baby #2 could be around the corner! $34. Buy them here.
- Storq Maternity Brief. Invest in these low-rise, tagless briefs during pregnancy and keep on wearing them after baby arrives. The luxe modal fabric is not only ultra-soft and breathable, but it also comes from sustainably harvested beechwood forests. A win for your vagina and the environment. $34 (2-pack) Buy them here.
- Hanes® X-Temp Women's High Cut Briefs. If you’re nervous about fully committing to the postpartum underwear overhaul, go fast and cheap with these super-soft, temperature-regulating (!) Hanes classics. $9.99 (3-pack). Buy them here.
- Cosabella Never Say Never Cutie Low-Rider Thong. There will come a day when you need to wear a thong again, and nobody makes a comfier one than Cosabella. The stretch Italian floral lace is ultra-soft, lays flat and hugs the body in all the right ways. Plus with 64 colors to choose from, you can even match it to your new Cosabella nursing bra. Hot mama! $26. Buy them here.
- Spanx Everyday Shaping Panties Boyshort. For those days you feel like you need a little extra support, Spanx has got you covered. These cute boyshorts are actually shapewear in disguise, offering a little extra hold to those newly wiggling parts on the daily. $22. Buy them here.
- C-Panty Classic Waist C-Section Recovery Panty. C-Section mama, your ladyparts deserve some extra love! Upspring’s C-Panty styles offer medical-grade compression and help reduce scarring with its interior silicone panel. $37.99. Buy them here.
Original illustration by Shanequa Simpson for Well Rounded NY.