Time to layer up, mama! Winter is finally here, which means sweaters and turtlenecks are in order -- and that also applies to all the nursing mamas out there.
How can this be, you wonder? After all, nursing on the go means that you need easy access to the boob, which seems pretty incompatible with big, wintery tops. Well, that's no longer the case. Many brands have designed sweaters with the nursing mom in mind. Perfect for colder temps, these tops have strategically placed openings for your little one to easily get a little nip while you can warm and cozy.
Without further ado, here are 7 nursing sweaters you should snag right now before they fly off the shelves.
1. Teat & Cosset. Italian-made, luxurious and classic pieces that will stand the test of time beyond breastfeeding, Teat & Cosset is a brand to keep on your radar -- it. We are loving the Katelyn Maternity and Nursing Sweater to keep you warm (and stylish!) during these colder months.
2. Loyal Hana. You’ll want to buy the entire collection for all your maternity and nursing needs because Loyal Hana hits fashion, function and comfort out of the park. We love the Wiley Sweater for wearing in both your personal and professional life.
3. Boob Design. Not only beautifully designed, Boob design's entire collection is sustainably made! The Merino Wool Knitted Sweater is one of our favorite pieces because of its flexibility to dress up and down.
4. Allette. The duo behind Allette has two main focuses for the brand: staying fashionable and also remaining functional. These Brooklyn mamas know a thing or two about style, and this comes through in all of their pieces. We are loving the super cool Emerald Esther Nursing Sweater.
5. H&M. Price sensitive, cozy and on-trend, H&M is a go-to destination for maternity/nursing staples when building your capsule wardrobe for this season of life. We are loving the Mama Fine Knit Nursing Sweater as the perfect throw-on layering piece.
6. Seraphine. Seraphine is sure to elevate your pregnancy and postpartum style with anything from their beautiful collection. This wear-with-everything classic Camel Maternity and Nursing Sweater can be paired with flats, sneakers or heels.
7. Audrey & Olive. Non-maternity, but bump friendly, Audrey & Olive will help you cover fashion and function bases throughout pregnancy and beyond and help you look and feel good the entire time. We are loving the Furry Open Cardigan Sweater for that essential second layer of coverage while breastfeeding.