Car seat manufacturers keep raising the bar and thinking up new ways to keep our kids as safe as possible while riding in the car. The most recent convertible car seat from Cybex, the Sirona M, is complete with SensorSafe 2.0 Technology, which works to prevent the number of children left in hot cars. The Sirona M is super tech-savvy, but the safety features don’t stop there.
Here are five reasons why you’ll want to make the Cybex Sirona M your next convertible car seat.
1. It features SensorSafe Technology. The Cybex Sirona M was designed to prevent the rising number of infant deaths caused by children left in hot cars. The SensorSafe Technology alerts parents when they’ve accidentally left their baby behind. It also alerts parents if the temperature in the car becomes too hot or cold and when a child unbuckles their harness mid-ride.
2. The app keeps parents in the know all the time. Parents download the SensorSafe 2.0 Smartphone app, which is what alerts them when the car seat senses a child is still secured in a car that has been turned off. And it not only alters the parent but programmed emergency contacts in case the parent is away from their phone.
3. The Linear Side Impact Protection System provides extra safety. The safety features don’t stop there. The Sirona M also comes standard with linear side impact protection which helps to absorb up to 25 percent more impact in a side collision.
4. Magnets are pure magic. Sometimes it’s the little details that leave the biggest impression. Cybex added magnetic belt holders to the sides of the Sirona M, which keep the harness straps out of the way while you put your little one in his car seat. Wrestling with the belt and a wiggly child at the same time is hard but magnetic holders make your mom life easier.
5. It grows with your child. The Sirona M convertible car seat accommodates children from 5 lbs all the way up to 65 lbs, which means you can use it from the time you leave the hospital until your child is approximately 4 years old. With this in mind, Cybex made it super easy to adjust a 12-position headrest and included an integrated no-rethread harness to easily accommodate your growing child.
6. It's equipped with extended rear-facing. Your child will be able to sit backward until he or she is about 40 lbs.
7. It helps you install the seat correctly. With SensorSafe, you can enter the make and model of your car, and it will direct you to videos and tips on how to install the car seat accordingly.