When shopping for our little ones, we have two main objectives: we want the best/healthiest/smartest baby products, but we also want them to be f’ing cool. There’s a sea of products that fall on one side or the other--stuff you secretly need but might not want anyone to see you using, and stuff that’s looks great but doesn’t perform. Then there’s a teeny, tiny world of stuff that fits the magic bill. And we always know we can find it at Babesta.
Founder (and Tribeca mom) has an eye for curating the hottest new brands and best urban products for a NYC baby. You know you can find the latest and greatest at her shops first, from the Van Gogh x Bugaboo Bee to the BabyZen Yoyo Newborn (coming soon!). And now you’ve got one more spot to find it: at Babesta’s new location in the beautiful new Brookield Place in Battery Park City.
“We really love and are committed to downtown and have seen our neighborhood change and grow over the time we’ve been down here,” says Cattaui. “The Brookfield Place mix really intrigued us and we jumped at the opportunity to join an amazing group of brands.”
We recently headed downtown to check out Babesta’s new digs (and truth be told, indulge at Brookfield Place’s ridiculous food court), and got Cattaui to divulge her favorite new products for 2015.
Here’s what you need to add to your baby registry now.
1. Dinosaur Head Wall Hanging by Fiona Walker
2. Bugaboo Runner Jogging Extension (coming soon!)
3. Monte Baby Rockwell Bassinet
4. UppaBaby Vista 2015 Stroller
5. Ella by Mallory Kasdan (funky Eloise at the Plaza meets hipster Williamsburg)
6. Aden & Anais for Babesta Swaddles (look out for a brand new design this fall!)
7. Fawn by Oeuf (coming out soon!)
8. The Art Book for Baby
9. Petite Pattes faces socks (exclusive to Babesta in the U.S.)
10. Leaf Curv Bouncer by Nuna (can't wait for the Nuna wind too!)
11. BabyZen Yoyo Stroller (look out for the newborn version this summer)
12. Rowdy Sprout x Babesta New York Tee
13. Blabla Pompom Mobile
14. Mollaspace Storage Cubes
15. Cybex Aton Q Car Seat (and stay tuned for the Aton Cloud!)