6 tips to make your pumping breaks at the office a whole lot easier.
Breastfeed. Be all hands on deck at home. Cook. Clean. Get back in shape. Eat healthy. Make time for your partner, your friends and your family. Crush it at work... while pumping... while looking stylish and feeling like yourself! The expectations on mamas these days are all-consuming and overwhelming, and finding your personal style that is both office and pumping friendly can be especially challenging.
Luckily, maternity and breastfeeding clothing has been on the rise and, to this day, continues to gain momentum. And thanks to big retailers and smaller brands alike, the modern mama can now create a professional wardrobe that looks and feels good and that allows her to step out of meetings to pump that liquid gold out with ease (and without having to strip down to her underwear).
Want to make your office attire pumping friendly? Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when putting your work outfit together.
1. Get a few nursing or pumping friendly clothes. While you don't have to heavily invest in items with limited wearability, I think purchasing a handful of versatile pumping-friendly pieces will take any pumping working mama far (and ensure a return on the investment). Items such as the Elif dress from Mitera, the Layla dress from Loyal Hana or the Chloe dress from Teat & Cosset. While your breastfeeding days may have a shelf life, these beautiful items can be worn beyond. No one will even know that they were meant for your breastfeeding days.
2. Stock up on nursing basics from more affordable brands like H&M, ASOS or Old Navy that can be worn on repeat from work to weekend and that you won’t mind donating when your breastfeeding and pumping days are over. I am loving this versatile wrap top from ASOS, this crepe top from H&M worn with anything from polished pants to jeans, and this cotton nursing t-shirt from Old Navy, which could be styled under a blazer for work, or as-is on the weekends.
3. Pack a pumping bustier with you. You won't want to wear it under your clothes all day long, but once you're ready for your pumping session, it will give you the hand-free mobility you need to keep working if and when needed.
4. Always carry an oversized wrap. Like that, if you choose to wear a non-nursing friendly item to the office, you will always have coverage on hand. Consider this oversized wrap from Madewell and this spring floral style from Anthropologie.
5. It's all about boob access. When shopping for non-nursing brand items, pay attention to necklines that allow for easy access to the breast. Items such as button downs, and wrap tops/dresses work best. We love this belted shirt dress from DVF and wrap jumpsuit from Ulla Johnson.
6. Wear a nursing tank as a first layer. This will give you the flexibility to wear most silhouettes on top. This first layer will give you pumping coverage and easy access to the breast at the same time. We love this v-neck style from Ingrid and Isabel via Gap and this style from Bravado.
Shop the post:
Image from Simple Wishes.