Name: Katie Koumoulos
Neighborhood: East Harlem
Occupation: Marketing Manager at Skip Hop
Baby’s Sex: Girl
How would you describe your pregnant style?
My pregnancy style is an extension of my usual style: casual, chic, and comfortable. I gravitate toward black, (50) shades of grey and earth tones. Being pregnant in the fall/winter has allowed me to take advantage of layering, which helps being ready for any temperature and adjust as needed. I wear a lot of soft fabrics like cotton, jersey knit, and lace. My everyday outfit usually consists of a tank top/t-shirt, dress, or blouse with a flyaway cardi, and leggings or maternity jeans. My best maternity investment were a pair from Seraphine. I literally live in them. To finish off the outfit, I usually wear a pair of boots. Though if I commute to and from work, I wear a pair of Nikes for comfort and to keep my boots clean.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during this pregnancy?
Yes, to stay away from anything that’s too loose and to stay VERY far away from floral prints. I made an effort to venture out of my neutral color palate and quickly learned that it was not the time for that – completely unflattering on me! With my body type, anything that’s not somewhat fitted was a serious no-no. Throughout this pregnancy, I learned to embrace my bump and changes that my body was going through and to wear it proudly. More form fitting silhouettes are much more complementary and are also a friendly reminder of this small miracle growing inside of me.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
How amazing I felt throughout the entire pregnancy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have moments of complete exhaustion, back pain, and challenges, including a very early diagnosis of gestational diabetes – a wake up call to force me to be as healthy as possible for my baby. I am in the homestretch and wake up every day thankful for this little being growing inside of me – it’s a bond unlike anything I have every felt. When I feel her moving around, it just intensifies that feeling so much more. I am certainly going to miss having her so close to me, but can't wait to hold her in my arms.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Everything that life has to offer. I can't wait to start building memories with her, teaching her, learning from her, growing with her.
What’s your top 5 registry essentials?
1. Skip Hop Explore More Baby Activity Center. It has three different stages of activity and will last me from 4 months through toddler years, eventually converting into a table.
2. Skip Hop Pronto Signature Baby Changing Station. Changing baby on the go should be as organized and easy as possible
3. Uppababy Vista. Living in the city means lots of walking and it’s multiple configurations will have us ready for anything
4. Newton mini crib mattress. If baby sleeps, we sleep, right? Also, the Wovenaire fabrication puts baby’s health, safety and comfort first.
5. DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 mini crib and twin bed. We live in a one bedroom and it fits perfectly in our baby nook (converted closet – see attached for reference)
Katie is wearing:
Seraphine Maternity Jeans.
Black Crew Neck Long Sleeve (similar here).
Sweater (similar here).
Coach Carmen Bootie.
H&M necklace (similar here).
Shop the post: