Thanksgiving is sort of like the Oscars for those of us that are not professional actors. But in our Thanksgiving version, we all win. Then we all get to sit around and give our acceptance speeches, i.e. our thank yous for all the little things that have made this moment possible. For the two of us, this year’s Thanksgiving is particularly meaningful because last year at this time, our beautiful little baby Well Rounded NY didn’t even exist.
In the short seven months we’ve been around, we just have so much to be thankful for. So indulge us in our Academy Award moment, if you will. After all, if there’s a time to indulge, it’s Thanksgiving, isn’t it?
1. We’re thankful for YOU getting knocked up. Without that bun in (or outside) the oven we wouldn’t have an audience.
2. We’re thankful for coffee. Between one of us having a full time job and the other being a full time caregiver, and because we want to bring you the best content, we work long hours. As many women who are starting their own businesses know, it’s a labor of love.
3. And speaking of those women, we are so grateful there are so many kickass women out there, from bloggers to entrepreneurs to high-end execs. We don’t think we fully comprehended the meaning of Girl Power before starting this venture. Everyone is just so dang supportive.
4. And speaking of supportive, we are so very thankful to the wonderful men in our lives who put up with us rushing through dinner to get back to work. We promise you’re still number one.
5. Also, thanks for knocking us up. We would have no content otherwise.
6. We are thankful every single second to our little munchkins for being who they are. Being moms fills us with feelings we thought were only possible in cheesy Hallmark cards.
7. We also must thank our great city that inspires us everyday. Even on the days we want to slap it for being rude. We couldn’t imagine raising our kids anywhere else...well, except for those days when you’re a little too rude and we threaten to flee to the ‘burbs. But who are we kidding?
9. And even though we live here, we are so thankful for instagram for helping us feel closer to our friends and readers from all over. There is just so much creativity out there. And space!
11. And our contributors!! Holy crap, we’re so lucky. Thank you!
12. And finally, we’re so very thankful for having each other. We are beyond lucky we found each other (lovefest). We’ll refrain from telling you awesome we think we each other are. But we do.
What are you thankful for?