Alexa, please turn off the light. There’s a big upgrade coming to our favorite personal assistant, and as mamas, we couldn’t be happier! Plus, O M G did you see Kate Middleton right after giving birth? Is she even human? And, one super hot dad gushes about his wife after she gives birth. It’s all right here in our Weekly Links!
1. Seven hours after giving birth, Kate Middleton steps out of the hospital with her third royal baby looking like a freaking princess. Granted, she does have a hair stylist and a makeup artist, something most of us don’t bring to the delivery room. But here’s a little more perspective... under that beautiful Jenny Peckham dress, you know she’s wearing a big ol’ diaper.
2. Dwayne Johnson became a father for the third time this week, gushing on insta about how much of a rockstar his wife was during the delivery. As if we weren’t already crushing on him hard enough, anyway. And OMG that skin-to-skin picture is the best.
3. For the first time ever, a baby was allowed on the floor of the U.S. Senate. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), brought her 10-day-old baby girl Maile with her to vote. Abiding by Senate rules, the proud mama snapped a pic of baby Maile’s outfit, showing off her required jacket, size: newborn. Soooooo cute.
4. Amazon is releasing a new version of Alexa for our kiddos, and it’s designed to help teach manners. The new model includes parental controls, time limits and activity review, plus it rewards little users for saying please and thank you.
5. Instagram fashion goddess Eva Chen is releasing a kids book that is already climbing to bestseller lists before it’s even published! Juno Valentine and the Magical Shoes is about a little girl who tries on shoes belonging to famous women in history, like Frida Kahlo and Cleopatra, and learns about them in the process.
6. Last but not least: this week is National Infertility Awareness Week, and we are joining FertileGirl in their effort to #FlipTheScript when it comes to typical conversations about pregnancy and fertility. This touching video explores the journey every woman goes through in order to have children, whether it’s IVF, egg freezing, acupuncture or just, you know, sneezing and getting pregnant.