Vajayjay. Woo Woo. Flower. Vulvarine. We talk about our lady bits all the time, so why do we never call it by its name? Thank you, Fridababy, for looking out for moms everywhere by not shying away from vaginas. Find out what else we’re talking about below in our Weekly Links.
1. It’s hard to believe that the word “vagina” is still considered a taboo, especially at a time when both women’s bodies and self-care have become major points of conversation among women. One of our fave baby care brands Fridababy is normalizing the term with a billboard campaign focused on its “MomWasher,” a peri-bottle that helps keep new moms clean after delivery. Find out if you’ll be seeing the billboards someplace near you.
2. Are you as in love with Jurassic World as we are?! Little Unicorn has partnered with the movie series to create adorable, dino-tastic towels, quilts, and swaddles with cute names like Embroidosaurus and Dino DNA. Get yours here. Your Dino-obsessed little one will love them!
3. Infant Walkers have been causing injury to babies for a long time...so why are they still being sold? Despite new safety regulations introduced in 2010, Infant Walkers continue to cause thousands of injuries a year. Doctors say they aren’t worth the risk.
4. We don’t know about you, but we buy anything bachelorette-turned-mom Jillian Harris creates. And we’ll definitely be purchasing her new diffuser collaboration with Saje Natural Wellness! Not only does your purchase support Jillian, but also Mamas for Mamas, a charity that supports low-income families.
5. One of our fave Brooklyn Mamas LaTonya Yvette has just released a new book! Woman of Color is a must read for every mama. Pre-Order it now!