The 12 pieces of gear you’ll need (and want) to hop back on the workout wagon.
If you’ve already welcomed baby, chances are that finding your groove is not the easiest thing in the world. For me, creating a regular workout routine again was one of those things that has remained the most difficult to make time for. I quickly learned that incorporating my son into my workouts when he was a baby was a surprisingly awesome way to get in a workout in during that first year. Sometimes it was baby and me yoga or a bootcamp class, and others was a bi-weekly date with a mama friend to run with our babies in strollers, culminating with coffee and a play date. Which made it productive and fun for all involved.
Here are our favorite running necessities to get you ready to hit the pavement with baby in tow.
1. Protect your eyes with these Smith Optics Lowdown Slims. Not only will they look good, but they’ll stay put too. ($70) Get 'em here.
2. Get a sweet ride for you little one. The BOB Revolution Pro’s state-of-the-art adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride and offers multi-position canopy adjusts for protection against the elements. ($499) Get it here.
3. Download a fitness app that will keep you in check like this one by by MapMyRun, which has a database of over 70 billion global routes. (Free) Download here.
4. And then synch up your most covetable new accessory. Your Tory Burch FitBit metal hinged bracelet paired with your FitBit tracker will take note of your every step. ($195)
Get it here.
5. Start with a good base. A great pair of socks by Feetures for instance. This Elite Merino+ will provide targeted compression and has wicking powers. ($14.99) Get 'em here.
6. Keep organized. This single handlebar console by BOB that keeps all the important stuff within reach. ($39.99) Get it here.
7. Zip Up. The fall calls for a little more than a T-shirt and this Women’s Under Armour Tech ½ Zip will surpass your expectations when it comes to fit and functionality. ($44.99) Get it here.
8. Top it off with one of our favorite trends: a cap. This Play the Field Cap by Lululemon will look just as good whether you’re running with a stroller or meeting a friend for brunch. ($38) Get it here.
9. Best Foot Forward. Everyone’s feet are definitely built differently, but Nike Free’s have treated mine well. This Flyknit 4.0 has got style too. ($160) Get 'em here.
10. Don’t mess around with your sports bra choice. This duo dry seamless racer bra by C9 by Champion is a classic that works every time. ($9.99) Get it here.
11. Stay hydrated. With Style of course. These BKR water bottles are the swoon-worthiest. ($30) Get it here.
12. OK, even we can admit the price tag on these Nike Pro Energia Vivaz women’s training pants are a little steep for something you’re going to sweat in, but man they sure do look good. OK, I guess they're worth it since you’re going to live in them well after your run. ($130) Get 'em here.