Well Rounded's weekly links are here!
Parents who have been shelling out major cash for EpiPens could soon feel a sigh of relief. We have the details on a company that just got the green light to produce a generic version of the $600 shot. Plus: a police officer goes above and beyond the call of duty. The incredible and inspiring moment between her and a starving infant. And OMG Mickey Mouse is turning 90?! What?! We have a link to some of the first of what's likely to be a deluge of Mickey gear this year! It's all right here in our Weekly Links.
- A sigh of relief for parents of children with severe allergies. The FDA has just approved the first generic competitor to the EpiPen. Mylan, the copmany that owns EpiPen, has taken racked up the price of the lifesaving medication to $600 for a twin pack. The new generic pen is made my Teva Pharmaceuticals, and the price point hasn't been released yet, but they hope it will hit the market in the next few months.
- We're throwing our hands in the air for this amazing police officer mama in Argentina, who was on guard at a children's hospital when a malnourished and very hungry infant was brought in. She didn't hesitate for a second. She asked permission to hold the little guy and nursed him herself right there in the hallway. She's our hero, and we're so happy to learn she even received a promotion for her outstanding care.
- Generations and generations of children have grown up with Disney's Mickey Mouse -- and he's just gotten cuter with age. In honor of his 90th birthday, you can expect many baby and kiddo brands to come out with their own lines honoring the Disney character, starting with Aden + Anais. We love their gold and black, modern take on the classic character.
- Exciting news for fans of Tea Collection, a children's line that draws its inspiration from global cultures. You'll be psyched to learn the company has finally opened its first brick and mortar! It opened this week in San Jose. The line will continue to sell online, in boutiques and select Nordstrom stores.
- We've all been there: it's 3 a.m., you're awake feeding your two-week-old baby, and you're dreadfully lonely. Or maybe a little bored. Or you just had a brilliant idea and need to share it ASAP. That's where the new-mom friend comes in, and OMG is she a life saver! And the thing about this friend, is you really don't have to know her that well. She just needs to: 1. have a pulse and 2. be awake. Check and check. We love this piece exploring the new mom relationship, because it's so so true.
- Want to be a "momfluencer"? Well Rounded's cofounder Jessica chats about the trend with Cheddar, during the channel's special segment on The Business of Babies. From the cost of being pregnant to what it's like to be a millennial parent, the 1-hour special covers some of the biggest concerns that comes with parenthood. Check it out here.