One of the best perks of being a new mom is the fact that you can dress your little one in whatever you want… even the same thing as you. Who would have thought that picking adorable outfits for your baby or toddler would be just as fun (if not more) as doing it for you? Before you know it, your babe is going to want his or her own say in what they wear every day. Now is the time to take advantage of the fact that you can match your babe(s) without any protests or claims of embarrassment!
Whether it’s literally the same shirt in a mini version, or tasteful color coordination, these mamas are killing it with twinning style on their Instagram feeds. Here are our (#?) favorite moms we think deserve a follow for #twinning inspiration!
1. Sai De Silva, @scoutthecity. NYC mama of London Scout and Rio Dash started her blog back in 2014, aiming to inspire fellow mamas to stay confident and maintain their identities through fashion and style. She’s keeping both herself and her babes looking fabulous in chic jackets and bold prints. You can find photos of Sai twinning with her little girl Scout sprinkled throughout her feed, along with adorable jacket and color matching with little boy Rio.
2. Eva Chen, @evachen212. The director of fashion partnerships at Instagram and now children’s book author is the ultimate NYC-trendy mama. She never fails to disappoint for fashion inspo on her feed, especially when she’s twinning with her kids Ren and Tao. Arguably one of the most stylish women in the world, she manages to find tiny adaptations of even the highest fashion. We especially love when she brings the “Eva Chen pose” to the next level by adding in Ren’s tiny (matching) feet.
3. Leslie Bruce, @leslieannbruce. Author of ‘You Are A F—king Awesome Mom’ (coming in 2019) and the hysterically honest UNPACIFIED blog, this Laguna Beach mama keeps it real while crushing her twinning style with her daughter Tallulah. You’ll find them matching in workout gear, beach cover-ups, t-shirts and anything comfy and cute.
4. Anna Maria, @anja_mari. Didn’t think you could twin with boys? Boston mama of Simon and Leo will prove you wrong. Even with a baby on the way, she somehow manages to keep herself and both boys looking fresh. Seasonal style is abundant on her feed, twinning with her boys in denim jackets and fall sweaters. We can’t wait to see what’s to come with her baby-to-be!
5. Kate Weiland, @kweilz. The holiday season brought this family’s twinning style to a whole new level, but they keep it up all year long. Scarlett, William and Maks are often found matching mom, dad, and each other in anything and everything -- from flannels, leggings, and pajama sets to onesies, robes, and even beach towels. This family seems to be #twinning more often than not!
6. Sina, @happygreylucky. Mama of Isabelle and Nicholas lives in Toronto and blogs about motherhood, lifestyle, and home décor. We love her casual, minimalist style and the way she matches her babes in denim, patterned leggings, stripes, sweats, rain boots, baseball caps and more. Her account will undoubtedly add some extra color, creativity and cuteness to your feed!
7. Rosie Maxhimer, @rosiemaxhimer. This LA mama loves travel, baking, fashion and cats. Her bright, summery page is filled with arts and crafts, overalls, and matching pajamas. Her daughters Annabelle and Josephine like to play dress-up with mom when they’re not busy playing outside, especially when they’re twinning in flowy dresses, PJ’s, bathing suits and t-shirts.
Allie Bowman is a social media intern at Well Rounded. After earning a Media Studies degree in her home town at the University of Delaware, she moved to Brooklyn seeking career inspiration, adventure, and delicious food. She loves finding new music, cooking, drawing, and hanging out with her cat Jeffrey.