A swimsuit model rocks the runway all while nursing her 5-month-old daughter. The Yelp of childcare (trust us, it’s a good thing) comes to NYC and we are soooo ready for it. Plus, shopping with a purpose. How you can score an awesome diaper bag and support girls’ education at the same time! It’s all right here in our Weekly Links.
- Bug bites aren’t just ugly and itchy, those little blood suckers can spread nasty diseases. New info from the Environmental Working Group says it’s totally okay to DEET, and that it’s actually one of the best forms of protection against mosquitoes and ticks. The EWG admits DEET isn’t the perfect choice, especially for little ones, but says compared to the possibility of life changing illnesses like West Nile or Lyme Disease, it’s a reasonable one.
- We know babywearing is cool and totally insta-worthy, but did you also know babywearing helps keep your little one from crying?! A little snuggling goes a long way (and you get some hands free time! yes!). This great WaPo piece taps into the knowledge of some baby wearing experts to break down which style of carrier is best for you.
- It’s not the diapers, the long nights or the teething struggles. If we’re being honest, the hardest part about parenting is finding childcare! The long waitlists and insane costs are enough to drive any parent insane. But with Winnie, one of our favorite apps, finding a daycare or preschool where your little one can thrive is as easy as typing in your zip code. Winnie is expanding city by city, and we’re thrilled to let you know they’ve officially launched in New York City, highlighting over 10,000 childcare options.
- The future is female is a message we impart into our little ones, but did you know around the world there are 130 million girls who aren’t even able to go to school? That’s why we’re loving this backpack/diaper bag from 7 A.M. Enfant, that gives 10 percent of the purchase price to Girl Rising, a global campaign for girls’ education and empowerment. Shop with purpose!
- We are living for this hot mama, nursing her baby down the catwalk at Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit runway show. Model Mara Martin showed the world what it’s like to be a working mom when she stepped out in her gold two-piece with the cutest little 5-month-old in tow. Sometimes ya just gotta bring your kid to work with ya, right?