Building your mama tribe with other parents who just "get it" when it comes to your child's special needs. And: how to talk to your children about consent and sexual assault. The conversation should start a lot sooner than you think. It's all right here in our Weekly Links.
- Building your tribe just got so much easier for parents of children with special needs. The Wolf + Friends app connects parents facing both the beauty and the challenges of raising a child with special needs; whether it's sensory processing issues, learning differences, giftedness or autism -- this app brings together parents who "get it."
- Though so many of us have faced the nightmare of pregnancy or infant loss, it is still quite often a tricky subject to talk about. This year, in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month, women are using #IHadAMiscarriage to connect with one another. The founder of the movement shared some guidance on how to support women after a loss.
- If you're like us, you've been glued to the latest developments in the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing all week. Because of Dr. Blasley Ford's powerful testimony, women around the country have been emboldened to share their stories of assault. And now, as parents ourselves, we're tasked with talking to our children about sexual assault and consent. We've bookmarked this great piece on how to start the conversation (hint: it begins when your child starts talking), to how to handle the teen years.
- If your working on a baby bump of your own right now, chances are you're also racking your brain for the perfect baby name! But don't get discouraged if your favorite name is at the top of the popular list... just because it's up high, doesn't mean it's at the top where you live. In fact, the list varies state by state. Take a peek here to see what the top baby names are in your area.
- Pssst: we've got an event on October 13th, and there are only a few tickets left! If you are expecting and in the New York City area, join us, Well Rounded, for a day that's all about YOU, mama! Massages, reiki, crystal healing, and conversations about the mom bod and mom shaming... Get your ticket here!