This hearty dish will keep you happy and healthy during pregnancy and postpartum.
This vegetarian roast dish is ideal during pregnancy and after birth, as it’s very simple to make, only takes 25 minutes to prepare, and is super healthy. Thanks to all the delicious vegetables, it’s packed high with fiber, iron, Vitamin C, folate and magnesium, which are all essential vitamins during and post pregnancy.
We used a few basic vegetables we had on hand, including Spanish onion, zucchini, red capsicum, green capsicum, sweet potato, eggplant, pumpkin, mushrooms and potatoes. However you can include some more of your favorites, such as carrot, celery, cauliflower or parsnips.
Simply chop the veggies into rustic bite-size pieces and add garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and then grate a ripe tomato on top, to add extra flavor and texture. Pop it in the oven for an hour and your appetizing dish is ready!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
-1 x tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 1/4 x pumpkin
- 3 x zucchinis
- 1 x red capsicum
- 1 x green capsicum
- 1 x large sweet potato
- 1 x Spanish onion
- 1 x ripe tomato
- 2 x large mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Chop up all vegetables in to rustic size pieces and arrange neatly in a large baking dish.
- Add salt, pepper, dried oregano, garlic, olive oil and water. Toss well to coat.
- Grate ripe tomato on top of vegetables.
- Cover dish with baking paper and aluminum foil.
- Roast for about 1 hour or until vegetables are cooked through and tender.