3. Go to your favorite coffee shop to read, write, or browse the web while you sip on a delicious latte and listen to calming music.
5. Two words: Spa day. #Treatyoself to a manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, wrap, ahh the list could go on and on.
8. While your child naps, dedicate some time to the hobbies you miss, whatever they may be.
This article was originally published on AshleyDavisBush.com.
6. Catch a movie -- your choice!
4. Visit a local art gallery to peruse beautiful paintings and appreciate the artist’s talents.
7. Get gussied up (simply showering OR adding a fancy outfit + makeup; whatever you decide is OK by us!) and meet your girlfriends out for drinks.
1. Find a fitness class you love, and try to stick with it every week.
2. Try planning a specific time every day to go on a walk.
Recently I was at an exercise class and a woman came running in at the last minute and said, “I just had my babysitter stay later so that I could come to this class. Does that make me a bad mom?”
Why is it that women, and men, often feel guilty for taking time to exercise, to go out with friends, to have a date with their partner, to — in short — take care of themselves? So often we (or the people around us) see such self-care behaviors as selfish.
The truth is that when we nourish and nurture ourselves everyone benefits. When your well runs dry, everyone you care for and support suffers. When you take the time to fill yourself with physical health, spirit, joy, playfulness, and love, your well overflows. Then, there is much to share.
Here are 8 fun ways to enjoy some “me” time: