6 nursing dresses you and baby will love this spring and summer.
While maternity clothes can be challenging, reinventing your wardrobe doesn’t necessarily stop after baby arrives. If you’re a nursing mom, you’re not only shopping for clothes with style (and that fit you postpartum) but suddenly you’ll find yourself looking at outfits in technical ways you never imagined possible. Functionality has risen from your feet to your chest. Lucky for you, there are fantastic brands that have emerged and evolved for you just in time. I remember daydreaming of the time that I'd be able to wear dresses again when I was nursing, and now brands are making dresses that I want to wear even though my nursing days are in the past.
Here are the 6 nursing dress you’ll live in this spring and summer.
1. Au Lait X-Back Maxi Dress- The cooler than cool nursing brand Au Lait by Emily Hsu is bringing us this modern maxi that you’ll wear everywhere even without baby in tow. Not only is it functional but the light jersey will keep baby cozy while nursing. $198
2. Maternal America Baby Doll Dress- Worried about shedding the layers because of the baby weight that only you can see? This baby doll dress by Maternal America will give you some breathing room and allow you to nurse discreetly in public. $138
3. Molly Ades Black Zippered maternity/nursing dress- If you’re anything like us, pregnancy actually doubled your love for stripes. This grey and black number by Molly Ades is perfectly casual and easy to layer on cooler nights. A great investment piece you can wear during pregnancy and nursing. $98
4. Fourth Love Addison Dress- One of our favorite maternity brands just went and stepped up its game. Introducing nursing-optional pieces for the first time, Fourth Love is extending the life on their stylish maternity pieces by adding a special design that makes this dress suitable for nursing. Truth is, you’ll continue wearing (and getting compliments on) this dress past your nursing days too.
5. BOOB Nursing Dress Manon- BOOB is the perfect balance between function and style (I’ve personally worn my own BOOB pieces post-nursing many times because they’re so comfy). This Manon dress by Boob, with quick nursing accessibility, makes us want to spend all summer in a sea town. Oh summer, will you just get here already? $105
6. Marah Hoffman Cosmic Print Shirtdress- OK, we know this isn’t a nursing brand but button-downs do the trick just fine (and if Morgan Hutchinson of Shop Buru says it's a nursing garment, then we believe her). $248