You won't need to strip down to your undies to get pumping at work.
Transitioning back to work after having a baby can be tough, especially if you need to pump in the office. You'll need to pull together a professional wardrobe that's also functional and that provides easy and discreet access to the breast. After all, the last thing you want to do is to strip down to your skivvies while your boss and co-workers are five feet away from you. So if you want to make your pumping sessions as seamless as possible, you'll need to wear the right clothes.
Here are five fashion tips to get you ready to pump at work.
1. INVEST. Although breastfeeding-specific clothing is made for a short season of life, it’s worth investing in a few staples to get you through. Get yourself key pieces like this wear-with-everything Cybelle dress from Loyal Hana and this Chloe maxi style from Teat & Cosset
2. WRAP DRESSES. Wrap styles work well, and there are endless options across all non-breastfeeding brands. This Mara Hoffman midi-wrap dress will keep you looking stylish and comfortable, and this floral style from Zara is key for the season.
3. BUTTON DOWNS. Whether you’re wearing a button down shirt or dress, this silhouette allows for easy access to the breast. We are loving this tie front option from Madewell and this striped style from Petersyn
4. SCARVES/WRAPS. A scarf or wrap will give you coverage regardless of what you are wearing so keep one tucked in your bag or at your desk at all times. We are loving this spring style from Club Monaco and this lightweight option from ASOS.
5. BACKPACKS. Carrying your pump back and forth to work, in addition to your typical daily work-bag could be a lot to manage. Try a super stylish backpack with enough room to accommodate everything, keeping things simple. We are loving the metro backpack from MZ Wallace and the Cass from State Bags.
Shop the post: