Getting ready for the arrival of a sweet, squishy newborn is so exciting. It's no joke: the nesting phase is real. We fill our Insta-feeds with dreamy baby images, we spend our insomnia-ridden nights searching for swoon-worthy nursery ideas on Pinterest. Before our babies join us on the outside for snuggles and kisses, preparing a space for them is one way we can stay busy... and tangibly show our love.
And for the mama who loves all things vintage, we've curated a list of some of the most sweet, nostalgic pieces. This baby gear will have you feeling like you're living in a fairy tale. From prams to high chairs, swings to bassinets, these 8 whimsical items are a must for your wistful aesthetic.
- Silver Cross Kensington Pram | $2,749With its oversized wheels and and swooping chrome handlebar, this pram has the perfect Alice in Wonderland vibe that will make you question whether your stroll through the park is in 2017 -- or 1817. It's available in 5 different colors and comes with an optional coverlet and pillowcase for your baby's total comfort.
- Little Hedonist Lullaby Crib | $221.50Imagine a nursery flooded with natural light, lush greenery and the gentle swing of this wool-cotton and bamboo crib. Is your heart full yet? Swing your baby to peaceful dreams in this handwoven work of art that would look lovely beside your bed, or all on its own.
- Aloha Love Moses Basket | $185Let your little nap anywhere with this whimsical statement basket by Plum + Sparrow. This handwoven basket is 100% vegan, with faux leather handles and a hypoallergenic, waterproof mattress pad. Perfect for lounging in style, even better for Instagram photos!
- Safavieh Bali Brown Rocking Chair | $237.48With it's dreamy curves and timeless rattan weaving, this rocking chair is perfect for coaxing your little one to la la land in style. A perfect seat for nursing, snuggling or reading to your sweet one. Available in two shades to match any nursery.
- Macrame Baby Swing | $86This handmade macrame swing harkens back to an era before toys required batteries and flashing lights. The team of artists at HangAHammock from Nicaragua sell their one-of-a-kind pieces on Etsy. Swings are made of cotton rope and sustainable wood, and come in a variety of colors.
- Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair | $249This high chair has that classic wooden look, but with clean lines and a modern update. This chair has been in production since 1972. It's that good. And, it's totally customizable with twelve color options and personalized engraving. Even better, it is designed to seat your little love for life -- from six months into adulthood.
- MacKenzie-Childs Tea Party Tea Set | $135This lovely child size tea set is the epitome of nostalgia--in fact, the creators boast it as “tradition with a twist." Pull up a chair and enjoy some one-on-one time with your littles, sans electronics. This set comes with a carrying case, table cloth and napkins and is sure to have your tiny ones behaving like little ladies and gentlemen… for a few moments, at least!
- Mother Stork's Baby Book | $150If this baby journal feels like it's from another era, that's because it is. It was originally printed in 1904 and more than 100 years later, maintains that idyllic feel. It filled with timeless nursery rhymes and thoughtful prompts to help you remember your first year with your baby.