If you have a friend who just gave birth, chances are, she hasn't been thinking much about herself lately. That's right, babies are all-consuming, emotionally and financially! So now is the time to shower her with love… and thoughtful gifts. To ring in the holiday season, we want to help you in your quest for the perfect present to give your mama friend. So we rounded up the best gifts for the new mom. Here are our 9 picks, ranging from a camera to an at-home massage.
1. Crane Fireplace. The Crane mini fireplace is the little heating companion that every new mom needs. It mimics the relaxing, glowing embers of a real fireplace without the need for a chimney sweep. Plus, it's so small and light, she can move it wherever she needs a little extra warmth -- by the couch during her seventh nursing session of the day, by her bed at night, or in the nursery to keep baby warm post bath. $84.99, buy here.
2. Marloe London Scarf. The best present you can give your new mom friend is one that is beautiful, practical and functional all at once. This indigo dip dye scarf with contrasting white stripes fulfills all of the requirements above. It's a timeless and classic accessory for the chic mom that moonlights as a swaddle, a nursing cover, a playmat and more. $95, buy here.
3. Milkscreen Test for Alcohol in Breast Milk. It's bubbly season! Though mom will be able to cheer to the new year, baby still shouldn't get boozy breast milk. So help a mama out with these strips that detect alcohol in breast milk in a mere 2 minutes. Perfect for letting moms know when they need to wait their next nursing session out. Plus, you may get a giggle as she realizes what the strips are for. $14.99, buy here.
4. Canon G9 X Camera. Now that baby is here, it's picture time. Like, all. day. long. Though the do-it-all smartphone can come in handy for an impromptu nap snap, it doesn't always cut it. Canon's slim and portable G9 X is an undeniable upgrade. Impressive images, stunning videos, and built-in Wifi that allows the camera to connect to your phone and share photos on social media in just a few clicks. Perfect for the InstaMom in your life. $429.99, buy here.
5. Winter Solstice Kit. With this wellness bundle, it's relaxation guaranteed. The kit, which is in collaboration between Beyond Yoga, Fig+Arrow and gift box company Gratitude Collaborative, contains a luxurious robe, a face mist and milk bath and more. In short: a new mom's dream in a box. What's more, for every box purchased, Gratitude Collaborative will provide 10 meals to children in the US. $189, buy here.
6. Munchery. Mom's going to be busy with baby. Diapers, laundry (oh the laundry), nursing… The list goes on. She won't have time for showers, let alone fixing nutritious meals for her and her family. So take the pressure off and hook her up with a membership to a meal-delivery service. Munchery brings healthful meals to the table and cooking kits that are ready in just 15 minutes. As if you needed more convincing, Munchery donates a meal to a local food bank every time you order. Get a gift card here.
7. The Bee & the Fox. Tell your gal pal you care with this Mama Bird t-shirt. Paired with the Baby Bird onesie, it's a great welcoming gift to the world of motherhood. Plus, Momma's going to love being all matchy matchy with her new bundle. Mama Bird t-shirt: $28, buy here. Baby Bird onesie: $28, buy here.
8. Soothe. Shall we repeat again? In all the chaos and unknown that new motherhood brings about, mama is bound to feel stressed and overwhelmed at times. So spoil her with an at-home massage. Soothe delivers any kind of massage you want -- Swedish, deep tissue, couple massage and more -- wherever you are. What's best? She won't need to commute back home and possibly deal with the stress of the outside world. Starts at $99, buy here.
9. Petunia Pickle Bottom. Get mama the gift of a trusty sidekick. With its minimalist color palette, this diaper backpack from Petunia Pickle Bottom has a sleek look that will travel seamlessly from the office to the playground to the home. Plus, this carryall will make mama's life easier when she needs to hold baby and that much-needed morning coffee. $159, buy here.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER 2016 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES!