Don't let the name fool you. Not only is this bake easy to pull together, it makes a great meal any time of day! The best part? This is one of those magic meals a tween could pull off solo, with nothin more than a little chopping supervision. Get your brunch on!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, May 12, 2017
Brunch Bread Bake
- 1 8-9 inch diameter loaf of whole grain bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese – we used sharp cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for brushing
- Cut off top of loaf and scoop out center to make a bowl – leave about an inch on all sides and keep bottom intact.
- Brush inside of bread bowl with olive oil, then sprinkle with about a third of the cheese.
- Beat eggs well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bread bowl.
- Sprinkle red peppers and chives evenly over the eggs.
- Top with another third of the cheese.
- Place bread in a foil lined oven safe dish – we used a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Curl the foil around the bread edges to keep it from browning too fast.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or until eggs puff and cooked through.