Chai Tea Muffins for cozy Spring mornings!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, April 21, 2017
Chai Tea Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Contents of 2 decaf chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts – we used pistachios and pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Add lemon juice to almond milk in a mixing bowl and let sit for 3 minutes. Add oil and egg and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, salt, baking soda and powder, and chai tea.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, and stir gently, just enough to combine. Don’t over mix! You want some lumps, your muffins will be better for it!
- Fill the cups evenly and sprinkle the nuts over the tops.
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk a teaspoon or two of almond milk with 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar and drizzle over cooled muffins.