It's apple season! Grab some Macs, Cortlands, or Red Delicious and make these easy treats with your kiddos.
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, September 9, 2016
Oven Baked Apples
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 apples
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar plus a bit more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut each apple in half vertically, and scoop out the seeds in the center to make a bowl, but leave as much apple flesh as you can.
- Fit apples in a cast iron skillet or a cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, brown sugar, almond flour, cinnamon, and coconut milk in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon oat mixture into the apples. Go ahead and really stuff them!
- Cut the cold butter into small chunks and dot the top of the apples with a few chunks each. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and crispy and apples are tender.
These are delicious with a little whipped cream on top!