Give pizza night a new look with these tasty roll-ups! Make the quick and easy dough from scratch (just one 30 minute rise!) or use store-bought, then customize with your fam's favorite toppings. Here's to the weekend!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, September 23, 2016
Makes 10 rolls
Prep Time: 45 minutes including rising time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 3 Tbsp olive il
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ⅔ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozz cheese
- Toppings – we used pepperoni and baby spinach
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add warm water and oil, and mix with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour as needed, until a soft, pliable dough forms – 5-10 minutes.
- Wash and dry the bowl and coat the inside with olive oil. Add the dough to the bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise in a warm spot for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 400.
- When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a roughly 12×14 oval.
- Cut into 10 even strips with a sharp knife or pizza roller, but leave in place.
- Spread pizza sauce over all strips, then add cheese and toppings.
- Roll up strips one at a time, and place in an oiled, 10 inch cast iron skillet or pie pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until tops are browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with some grated parmesan!
Add any other veggies or pizza toppings you like before rolling up your dough!