Have a kid help you whip up this super tasty snack- classic apple butter and crunchy homemade cinnamon chips for dipping!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, October 7, 2016
Have a kid help you whip up this super tasty snack – classic apple butter, and crunchy homemade cinnamon chips for dipping! Apple butter keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks. Store chips in a Ziploc bag for 2-3 days – if they last that long!
Apple Butter and Cinnamon Chips
Makes about 1 1/2 cups apple butter and 10 cups chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour for apple butter, 10-15 minutes for chips
Total time: 1hour, 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 tortillas
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Combine apple sauce, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar and vinegar in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat slightly and keep at a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour or until mixture is very thick and your whole house smells like cinnamon apples!
- Let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Cut 8 tortillas into triangles and arrange them in single layers on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Let cool for a few minutes before dipping!
You can use white or whole wheat tortillas for the chips.