You know what's fun? Breakfast for dinner! Give these a try this weekend and let the kids get in on the prep – lots of egg cracking practice for budding chefs. Tip: use precooked bacon to save time!
Posted by Parent.co on Friday, February 3, 2017
These egg cups make the best weekend breakfast, But we love them on breakfast-for-dinner weeknights too! They’re a super meal for kids to help with, and especially great for egg cracking practice. Serve with a green salad and you’re good to go!
Bacon, Egg, and Toast Cups
Makes: 12 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 30-35 minutes
- 10 slices bread
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the bread slices as flat as you can.
- Cut 4-5 inch circles from the centers of the flattened bread slices. Save the scraps.
- Press the circles into the muffin cups, using the scraps to fill the remaining 2 cups. Press well and cover all the inside of the cup.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese into the bread cups.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and lay two cut slices criss-cross over the cheese in each cup.
- Crack an egg into each cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until whites are opaque and yolks are done to your liking.