Making the masa cups is a perfect job for little hands, and the toppings are fully customizable so everyone gets what they want.
Posted by Parent.co on Monday, January 2, 2017
Try this healthy, tasty take on tacos for dinner! Making the masa cups is a perfect job for little hands, and the toppings are fully customizable so everyone gets what they want. Bonus: they make super party appetizers!
Makes 12 cups
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes for cups 4-5 minutes for broiling
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 ¾ cups masa harina
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water
- ⅓ cups olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- ⅓ cup sliced scallions
- Sour cream and salsa for toppings
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a mixing bowl, combine masa harina , salt and water and mix until combined and all masa is moistened.
- Add oil and use your hands to squeeze together and form into a soft dough.
- Press the dough into the cups of a 12 cup unlined muffin tin.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Layer cheese, chicken, black beans, scallions, and more cheese in the baked cups.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and salsa!
Every oven is different! When broiling, be sure to check your cups after 3 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
Chopped cilantro, avocado or guacamole also make excellent toppings for taco cups!