We owe it to them to change.
As the country enters another week of protests standing up for #BlackLivesMatter and social media is filled with images of police brutality, we wanted to highlight those who are looking up at us—adults—for change. Children have been joining their families in peaceful protesting across cities with powerful messages that can't be ignored.
Here is what they want us to remember:
"Stop killing us"
"My dad is not a threat"
A girl holds her fist up
"Love is an action"
Dad and daughter hold their fists up at a Black Lives Matter protest
"Black Lives Matter"
"Black and beautiful" and "My life matters - not a statistic"
"Am I next?"
"Justice for #GeorgeFloyd, say his name!!!"
A mom cries while showing her son the protests
A boy hold his fist up at a protest in Atlanta
A mom stands in support while breastfeeding her baby
- I'm the mom of black sons and I fear for their safety every day ... ›
- My black family is safer in quarantine than in normal life - Motherly ›
- White friends, please love my black sons - Motherly ›
- These are the peaceful protest pictures you need to see ›
- These Celebrity Moms Are Donating to Bail Funds ›
- Here's Where to Donate to Support Black Community - Motherly ›
- Motherly Gives Conversation on Racism and Motherhood - Motherly ›
- Pregnant Mother Explains Why Black Lives Matter Protests Matter So Much - Motherly ›
- Tyler Perry Is Paying for Rayshard Brooks' Funeral ›
- 'This Is Us' Star Lonnie Chavis Shares His Personal Experiences With Racism ›
- Black Lives Matter: Day care expels 6-year-old for wearing Black Lives Matter shirt ›
- Black Lives Matter: Breonna Taylor Is on the Cover of O Magazine - Motherly ›
- Breonna Taylor's Death Has No Justice ›