TBH, it's exactly what we need to hear right now.
Having children home all day during the coronavirus pandemic isn't easy. And it's important that we support and encourage each other. That's why Elmo's dad, Louie, offered words of encouragement to parents everywhere in a public service announcement.
"You know it's wonderful to get to spend so much time with our children, but it can also be a bit overwhelming," said Louie a bit stressed. "But I just wanted to say, parents, you are doing an amazing job."
Following the words of encouragement, the furry friend reminded mamas to carve out time for self-care. "Remember it's important to take some time for yourself. You know, take care of you," he said before leading mamas in a quick breathing exercise.
"We are all doing the best we can, and that is okay," he said. "No, no it's better than okay."
To help mamas during this challenging time, Sesame Street is also offering resources on its site to help spark playful learning and support during the COVID-19 health crisis. You can also visit Sesame Street in Communities for relevant videos, printables and learning-at-home resources.
We've got this, and we'll get through it together, but it sure is reassuring to know that even muppet parents struggle a bit too.
- The powerful way Sesame Street is talking about how kids are ... ›
- To celebrate Autism Awareness month Sesame Street gave Julia a ... ›
- Sesame Street's new show was made to help kids living in refugee ... ›
- Sesame Street offers over 100 free ebooks - Motherly ›
- Our Sesame Street friends are social distancing with the rest of the ... ›
- Sesame Street Town Hall on Racism - Motherly ›
- Sesame Street's Muppet with Autism Helps Kids Learn About Masks ›