These Guidelines detail and explain Motherly's relationship with its advertising partners and the relationship between editorial and advertising content. The overriding guiding principle is that Motherly must maintain its editorial integrity and the trust of its readers. We believe that establishing, publicly displaying, and adhering to these Guidelines is important to protect the trust and transparency that should exist between us, our readers, and our advertisers.
We also understand that it's impossible to address every situation or issue that may arise in one static set of guidelines. We expect and anticipate to revisit and update these Guidelines from time to time. We're always open to suggestions, criticism, and correction from our readers and community.
The Guidelines in the following section apply to all advertisements and sponsored content appearing in Motherly:
- Motherly will never allow a relationship with an advertiser to compromise our editorial integrity.
- All advertising content must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads are adequately substantiated and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- While the content of advertising does not necessarily reflect the views of Motherly or its editors, if it comes to the attention of Motherly that an ad, in our opinion, contains demonstrably false or unlawful content, Motherly will refuse or remove the ad in whole or in part.
- Motherly may exercise its discretion to refuse or remove any advertising that is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to Motherly's brand.
- Although Motherly will evaluate whether to work with advertisers on a case-by-case basis, some examples of advertising Motherly will not accept are the following:
- Advertising that Motherly believes, in its opinion, is indecent, vulgar, suggestive, profane, or offensive.
- Advertising for illegal products or services, including drugs, illegal substances, or any related products or services.
- Advertising that Motherly believes includes hateful or violent text advocating against any individual, group, or organization.
- Advertising that Motherly determines to be inflammatory.
- Advertising that Motherly determines represents a personal attack against an individual, country, or organization.
- Advertising that Motherly believes will undermine the intellectual integrity, authority, and character of its mission and brand.
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.